Friday, September 07, 2007

ORD..

Hmm, it's going to be 2 years since I start serving my NS. 13th Sept 2005

To be very frank, I was really hoping to serve in the Army. Reason is that they look more well-respected, more cool, etc. But on the other hand, I know that behind-the-scene, they have to do a lot of training and other things as well.

Nevertheless, my parents called me and they informed that I was being assigned to report to Police Academy on 13th sept 2005.

Being back into the SPF environment is even more bad, as I joined National Police Cadet Corps, NPCC for short, is an umbrella of SPF. I had served NPCC for 8 years already, wearing the same uniform, going to the same HQ, etc. But again, I didn't really reject the idea and so, I didn't call CMPB to change my posting.

Basic Police Training Course
Come that day, I reported there. Take our uniforms, attire, cut hair, etc. Introduced to our squad instructor and squadmates. I still can remember my first every meal in the Mess as a trainee. Hmm, though the food isn't bad, but it's the food that I don't like.

Have tonnes of fun during training, learnt of new things too. Well, I can't say too much of what we learnt and do, so, basically, I have to stop here la. (Don't blame me. I have integrity la)

Come to know our posting with the final few days of our basic police training course, I was really hoping to get into NPCO, but it seemed that it was not meant to be. I called to HQ to check things out and it turned out that person whom i am checking with, is my post. What a coincidence.

My Vocation
Was posted to there in Jan 06 as SA, Staff Assistant. But I jokingly renamed it as Secret Agent. Life as an administrative clerk can be quite fun. Work started from 8.30 am to 6 pm on a 5-days work basics.

During these 1 year 9 months, I had learnt a couple of things relating to work and non-work matter.

At work, I learn how to team up with person, of course, I have no problem with that all along. But there are different kind of person you gotta meet everyday at work, so I have to be very careful in interacting with them, especially the higher rank.

Personal
Off-work issues, I start to go out with girls more often, especially my ex-god daughters, etc. Hmm, prior to those outings, I have phobia with going out with females. I am very shy especially going out with females alone. So i thought the better way is to go out with them, group or alone. So that will make me feel better with female. Hmm, and i thought that will also try to close up the gap between me and them. But, not more than a year later, our relationships was seen crashing down. Maybe i don't know how to handle it well.

Gotta know my twin later, and she really knows how to chao keng when she was back in NPCC during her sec sch. She has a very bubbly character. I think i must be proud of myself to bring her dark life to happy person!! (Ok, I just wanna claim credits)

Other people like Sun Tian, Lek Meng, Raquel, Anita, Elyn, Kok Boon, Zhiwen, Hang Loon, Cao Sheng, Jack, Janice, Samuel and many more were there during my NS life.

For the 3 temporary staffs, they are wonderful person also whom they played a part to make our life more exciting.

Not to forget my secondary friends whom we still keep in constant contact. Shanhe, Shirong, Mingjie, Selin and Wee Chong whom we went out during the weekends.

Work
As for work, all things were still good. We shifted to Old PA from PCC. Transport and lunch were very inaccessible to me. But it's still better than in-camp training.

I am very very grateful that I know of a lot of wonderful colleagues except for one who was posted to my section in Jan 07.

My upperstudy was fantastic. He is a very flexible and resourceful person who knows how to work things fast and accurate. My section colleagues are wonderful too as they helped me to complete things if they can. Life in there was good. We have free time to go for swimming/sun tanning in the afternoon and going for gym session after work. Headed to home between 7 pm to nearly 12 am.

My 2 supervisors are fantastic person. They lead by example. They were very very patience with me when things go wrong. I am really very thankful for them.

We even had free overseas trip to selected countries. Luckily for me, I chose Bangkok, Thailand. For I met the girl I like over there. I am still be able to remember the moment when I saw her. She looked amazing, and now, still ever amazing.

Then come to the last few months of my NS life, I got a replacement and the hardest thing was to teach him things without anybody interrupt. Luckily for me, he seems to be pretty smart and independence.

Now, with a few days to go, I really can't bear to leave this nice place I was used to be in. But, life has to move on. I left this place with a heavy heart.


Now, I'm to find a better working environment, especially the pay side which i got $817 every month! Haha.

Au voir, my friends. I will miss you all (except for 1 person)