Friday, August 24, 2007

Back from Thailand

Hello (to anybody), I'm back from thailand yet again. It's really very tough to write an entry after being inactive for such a long time.

Life is still good. My NS (National Service) is coming to an end, and i will be looking for a job very soon. Leaving my S$801 labour job behind. But, being a singaporean, I still think there is a need to protect or at least play a part in "protecting" my country, in a different role.

Having to talk about my NS, I'm very lucky to be posted to administrative job and there is not a need to deal with work fatigue and in between throughout my 1 yr 9 mths, i made fantastic friends locally and overseas.

Without this, I wouldn't have known of a person that i currently fall in love with. And just because of that reason, I flew to thailand on last fri, tagged along with my workplace friend, to look for her.

Reached Thai in 7.55 am, quickly walked to the immigration counter where Jere and I were stalled, due to tourists from the Middle East. I guess they were filling up Visa, thus taking up the time.


Actually, this is my purpose of the visit! :p juz kidding

Took our luggage and out we went from the area. Finally, i'm doing a wise move this time round, I bought a prepaid SIM card. Happily and excited, I smsed to her but only got her reply in the afternoon. Whatever it is, i am happy to see her reply. Smsed to Pin, another of my thai friend whom i gotta know from Ruth, as I needed help in translation and more information of thai.

Took taxi and checked-in at Samram Place Hotel and the journey cost 400 baht. It was around 9.20+ am then. Settled down for a while, and we went to the nearest 7-11 to stock up waterpile and I forgot where we went to afterwards.

Waited for another group of our friends to arrive in Asia Hotel. Went to MBK to familiarise the place. Ok, everyone made a joke out of me, saying that Thailand is my 2nd home now. Soo Teck even said that I am more familiar of the place than him (FYI, He is a half-thai and a half-chinese)

Walked around and we parted from the rest. Leaving me and Jeremy alone, so we decided to do something that I never even do despite visiting thailand for the past 2 years.


The Simpsons -> Spider-pig, Spider-pig

We watched movie! Omg, i tell you. If you think their theatre are run-down, then you are wrong! It's state-of-the-art lighting, decor all around it. Due to their comfort of the seat, I was actually struggling to stay awake.

Went for foot massage at the night and headed back to hotel only at around 2+ am.

Ok, it's a Saturday. The day that i am very much looking forward to. Went to JJ market in the morning and went shopping with the guys and later met up with her for a short while.

That same sweet smile of her that i once saw was still there and though it was like 3 months ago when we last met, I felt as thought I never see her for years. Anyway, I just told myself that come 6 pm quick so i can go out with her.

Went to Ladprao for dinner at Oishi restaurant and we exchanged our gifts and I hope she really likes the bear. The gift that she got for me was really nice; simple and sweet. I put it in front of my bed and I see that everyday, asleep or awake.

Sent her home and i must say it's an honour for me. Finally, i have the chance to see her off. Indeed it's very dangerous to go home alone. Anyway, the taxi journey home is long and cold one. Negative thoughts about me and her keep surfacing in my mind throughout the whole journey and my whole trip was since then moodless and lifeless.

Sunday, we all went to Pratunum, Chinatown. Bought a bag for my mother costing 1500 baht. The whole day was there and for me, I rushed back to hotel for a quick shower after a hot day.


Super-JamesBob saying good to roasted duck rice and my favourite FANTA orange drink

Went out with her work and we went to JJ Mall for dinner. i think she had calls from her family member. Went to Karaoke session with them, all the way until 11+ pm. Called my mother and wished her Happy Birthday!! I actually sung a song with her brother, but not in thai of course.

Her sister drove me back to Asia Hotel to meet up with the rest of my friends. Thanks for that.

Frankly speaking, throughout the whole journey, i was very quiet. I was thinking that I might not have any chance of winning her heart and, thinking this trip will be my last one.

Slept in my friend's hotel room until the next day where we walked back to our hotel to pack up and return to Singapore. Bid farewell to Pin and her. Nevertheless, it was still a worthwhile trip after all I only wanted just to see her.

God was not helping me either. They wanted me to stay in Thailand as long as possible with the intention to torture me too, maybe. My flight was delayed until 4+ pm (thai time). Back home at around 10 pm and was in time to still celebrate my mother's birthday.


A very happy looking mom of mine!