Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Investigation Launched

Intending to sign up a mobtv account on sunday morning. After completing all the neccessary fields, the mobtv database came back to me and informed me that my NRIC number is already exist.

I was very surprised with it. I sent an email to mobtv telling them the problem I faced. Getting a reply from stating that "I" signed up in Oct 2006. Since the transaction between the user and mobtv is such as the same process like purchasing movie tickets via online websites, I am sure that (if i signed up), there would be a transaction record of this in my bank account.

I got my bank book to check through the histories and made calls to the bank for more details. Spending like 20+ mins, it was confirmed that in the month of Oct 2006, there were only 2 debit card transactions made, and none of them involved with Mediacorp.

In addition, mobtv will send a notification email to that email account so that it can be activated. Again, there wasn't.

With the above 2 factors, I believe that someone used my NRIC to signup for a mobtv account without my knowledge. Whatever it is, I will seek assistance with mobtv to get more information.