Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Thrill of Thai

This entry is break down into 3 sections. Mainly about pre-event, the event itself, and the post-event

Of course, let's start off with the pre-event.

Pre-event

1 week before the trip, I was busy doing Overtime (aka OT). Working for more than 18 hours a day for the past 4 days. First thing foremost, i am not desperately claiming any OT money which is 1.5x the rate of my normal salary. Anyway this is not the key messages.

The main point is of this section of the blog is that I intend not to tell my parents that I would be going to thailand. It is because whether to tell her or not, I would be scolded. Alright, I know it's not right of me to do that. Anyway, given a choice, i would rather tell my parents. The reason for not telling her is that for not trusting me; thinking that i am going to find prostitute over there.

Stayed over at ST's house and it's so nice of him to wake up early in the morning to drive me down to Budget Terminal to await for my flight.

Met up with my trip people after a light breakfast with Han's over there. We took our time and we were one of the last group to enter the plane.


The group, with the self-acclaimed-quite-seasoned-BKK traveller on the extreme left ^_^


At the Departure hall.

No operating of electronic items while on flight, thus, there is nothing to show you all. We entered the 'black hole' where there wasn't any air, according to my friend. It was terrifying. I never met such an incident before. The plane entered the roller coaster mode and it zoomed down to a lower height with great speed in a very short time. To be very frank, i was cold-sweating. Whatever it is, the incident after that seemed pretty fine because we were ahead of time by 15 mins, probably the 'black hole' pushed us forward.

Event


Sometimes, how i wish there's find function within a picture.

Reached the airport pretty early, at around 7.50+ am. Get our passport stamped, our face shot, and claimed our baggage.

Morale was raised upon claiming our baggage as I was able to put my 2 unhappiness behind and forget about it for the 3 days.

Whatever it is, I went to buy a prepaid SIM card from DTAC HAPPY. Doing a bit of advertising for them, sending SMS to local line is 5 baht and 6 baht to overseas. As for call, I'm not too sure. But it's still rather cheap for calls.

Paid 450 baht from airport to Samran Place hotel. The hotel that i had been staying for the past 2 times.

SH, SR, Til & gf went AWOL after leaving the airport as their taxi driver was unsure of the location. Communicated via WC, I told them to name some hot tourists spot like MBK, and fortunately enough, the taxi driver knew the place and drove them there. SH, a BKK traveller last year, had some impression of the place and soon enough we met up after they alighted.


Tired when only half a day has just gone by.

Went to 7-11 to stock up our water supply and other necessities and checked-in to the hotel. It was pretty fast that our stomach are demanding for lunch. We headed down to MBK for lunch at my favourite hotspot. The Pizza Company.

Ordered 2 sets of pizza meal and I just realized that we forgot to take any photo. We got ourselves into discussions of the plan for the day.

While we were in CentralWorld.


Taking the scenery.


Ho! Ho! Ho! Merry Christmas.


Cowboy JamesBob


Horse-riding


They got a big space in the middle of the downtown shopping centre where they sell beer! Can you believe it?!

I notified Pin of our presence in the area. Soon enough, we got into shopping mode and started off in MBK, then down to Pathumwan area for shopping. Headed back to hotel and put down our stuff and we waited for Pin to pick us up.

The feeling was pretty interesting, it was like those time when we were meeting up internet friend. Anyway, we never meet prior that day. We chatted over the MSN for a couple of months after ruth's introduction.

Initially we should be going to khaosan road, a pity that the main highlight were closed due to the election pre-requisite terms and condition, therefore, we went to Suan Lum night market to have our dinner and shopping again.

Prior going there, I made a mistake in informing her of our location for her to meet us, due to my ignorance of the layout of the CentralWorld shopping centre. So, the poor her actually went high and low to search for us and spent some unnecessary time in the process of finding us.

My friends were getting rowdy that they actually guessed who's who and even opened an unofficial bet on when and where she would appear from. Gosh. haha, my fault.

While waiting for her at CentralWorld, we took photos of the night scene.


First photo.


2nd. This is the place where i met Pin's friend.


Merry Christmas!! Ho! Ho! Ho!

Took some photos of the place and, again for me, we bumped into celebrities. Bumping to celebrities in Thailand is never short for me. During my May trip, I met the female lead actress from OngBak. In my Aug trip, I saw a HK veteran actor in Chinatown. And this time round, I had 2 local celebrities and an important Singapore minister. Wonder if I will meet Tata Young one day. Haha.

Cut the crap. We took taxi down there to have dinner. Met up with Pin's friend. I didn't know how to spell her name, so i better don't. :) We had a good ice-breaker between all. It's quite amazing to see 2 countries people sitting down together and have a nice chat. I would like to emphasize that language wasn't a problem at all. Again, I just realized that we didn't take any photo!!

They went to shop, while I strolled around and Pin went off to work. OMG, i feel so bad informing her that I am coming down and that I was disrupting her working hours.

The night ended just like that. I wanted to go for massaging but everyone is dead tired. So i turned to bed as well.


Another lame production by JamesBob.

Woke up the next day early in the morning. Agreed to meet at 0830 hrs before heading down to JJ market, but i think the deadline can never be meet. We met up at around 9 am and we took a cab there.

As usual, looked for aom. Wanted to give her a surprise by showing myself, but she wasn't that. We chatted a week before this trip and she told me that she was tired of going to work, so I had no choice but to sms her thinking that she might be at home resting. Thus, giving my intention away.

The others went shopping while i walked around and then settled down at a drink stall near to her workplace for a couple of hours. Reason being is because my parents don't know that i will be in thai, so, it's wiser not to buy anything from there.

Next, down to ampawa, and unfortunately, aom was unable to join us a trip down there.


After an 1.5 hours ride. We finally reached.


One of the stalls over there.


All of us!!


New friend! :)

Had dinner over there as well. Called back home. My mother still don't know that i was in thai then.


Our delicious dinner!! She prepared everything for us.


This pepsi bottle is at my house now :)

Headed back and reached the hotel at around 11.30 pm. Chatted with her on the journey back, while the rest were sleeping soundly. Haha.


Bought lottery which i nearly strike. Else, i could have 1000 baht.

Had a shower, went for a massage with the rest. Went back to sleep and that's the end of day 2.

Met up at siam. Coz of the traffic jam, we met 2 hours later. YAWN. But never mind, we did meet up in the end. We took some photos at siam paragon and then went around doing some window shopping.

The others went around shopping again. Initially, I was hoping to have a proper lunch at a decent place with Pin, Aom and the rest. Unfortunately, Pin was unable to turn up due to work committment, thus I left the guys to eat while i went for lunch with Aom.


ok, i dun want to you all to think so much other than just we are friends. Pls, and thanks.

Went back to hotel. Packed up. I LEFT MY ADIDAS WATER BOTTLE OVER THERE!!!! Reached the airport. Checked-in. Home Sweet Home.

Post-Event

Had hell time. She knew where i went. I don't have to write too much details as, first, i dun have time to write as she passed on her verdict with punishment, and secondly, i believe you all know how i 'die'.

Maybe i shall dedicate an entry for all the 'punishments' that imposed on me.

F***!