Sunday, April 22, 2007

NS40 Exhitibtion

Seized the chance to claim 1.5 Off day when my colleague let go of a timeslot for NS40 duty, taking advantage of the fact that it's at Jurong East bus interchange.

Was listening to thai song from my bro's computer and surprisingly, my mother knew that it was a thai song when she came into the room.

anyway, headed down to JE for duty lor. Shit the weather for so extremely hot and stuffy. I was so sticky, sweaty even before the event starts.

and well, it's interesting to wear full-u at public places officially. but at the same time, it could means that you are also inviting trouble if you are not self-checking one's behaviours, words used, etc.. and certainly, i dun get use to the staring from the members of the public.



My station. letting ppl to play game. (it's actually a lame game from the internet, and i'm not sure why it can attract a lot of people)

The kids were quite hard to handle. Everyone wanted to play the game. Some took longer than usual. I had to be the Mr "Nice" Policeman that i cannot scold them. So i have to give souviner to shoo them off.

And i saw a lot of kiasu people too. There were this game where we will give a bottle of highlighters for 1st set of qns answered 100% correct and then a mug for 2nd set of qns, also answered 100% correct. There was this parent with his child keep on trying and trying and got the cheek to call out for me that they got 100% ans correct.

I wanted to laugh at them. because they took such a long time to ans 5 qns correctly. and the fact that they keep on repeating the same set of qns. must have been blinded by greed.

There were this 3 gals (children i meant) came to my station and play game. 1 of them asked me how was the game played. Upon explaining to her, she translated it and explained to her 2 sis. Initially, i thought they were talking in cantonese but hearing harder, it seemed like they are chatting in thai! So, i asked the gal, are you from thai? She seemed surprised. Ok, so, not that bad that i can actually recognize thai language from cantonese.



My exhibition pass.

The weather was so hot, humid, stuffy till an extend that i couldn't tolerate the smell from my uniform. Hmm, it's quite sour, smelly. Maybe like those sour with cheese potato chips. :p

oh, yar. thanks TWIN to visiting me and entertaining me down there for a while.