Thursday, April 20, 2006

A wise old man..

> An older, white haired man walked into a jewellery store one Friday
> evening with a beautiful young gal at his side. He told the jeweller he
> was looking for a special ring for his girlfriend. The Jeweller looked
> through his stock and brought out a$5000.00 ring and showed it to him.
> The old man
>
> said: "I don't think you understand, I WANT SOMETHING VERY SPECIAL!"
>
>
>
> At that statement, the jeweller went to his special stock and brought
> another ring over.
>
>
>
> "here's a stunning ring at only $40000.00," the Jeweller said. The young
> lady's eyes sparkled and her whole body trembled with excitement. The
> old man seeing this said, "We'll take it".
>
>
>
> The Jeweller asked how payment would be made and the old man stated by
> cheque.
>
>
>
> "I know you need to make sure my cheque is good, so I'll write it now
> and you can call the bank on Monday to verify the funds and I'll pick
> the ring up Monday afternoon", he said.
>
>
>
> Monday morning, a very grumpy Jeweller phoned the old man and said:
> "There is no money in that account." "I know", said the old man,
>
>
>
> "BUT CAN YOU IMAGINE THE WEEKEND I HAD??"