Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Wednesday ~Whacked~

3 things to talk about: my NS life , a punishment coz of me, npcc achievement

NS life - Was pretty good so far. I always hoped to go Army, coz i feel is pretty cool to touch the rifle and experience some army life for just 2 years. is like once in a lifetime thing. but it wasn't and i got into SPF. I wished to go into operational side, but it wasn't and i got into an admin job.

But on the look of the bright side, I indeed learn something from the office and i think it will benefit for my future.

Punishment - This is ridiculous. It all happened after our lunch and were marching back to our company line in camp. On the way, the squad commander shouted out for my name and was telling me to march properly and i was bewilreded. He added on saying that i should march based on the 3 front men. While he was saying, the more weird i'm feeling.

i checked my footsteps with the timer's timing. It was correct whereas the rest were following the front 3 men. and that explains why i look like i made mistake. Come on lor. if we are to follow front 3 men, why do we need a timer for? Well. that's the problem if one has undergo uniformed grp background for the past 8.5 years prior NS. It has become a part of me that i follow the timing when marched.

The mess IC saw such situaiton and called us back.. and after some interrogating , i was so suprised that it was me who were in the wrong. of course i couldn't take it lying down but what can i do. Anyway, it wasn't a very big thing but i dun like the feeling.


NPCC achievements - Being actively participated in my CCA, i grew up, learnt a lot of thing.
Well, there are 2 very prestigous thing every top Cadet wish to get: SI Rank and SPF-NPCC badge.

There were 3 ppl in contention with the SI Rank; Me, SR and QH.
In the end, SR and QH got the SI rank

Same 3 ppl in contention with the SPF-NPCC badge.
In the end, SR and QH got it.

my dear cadets all complained to me saying that both of them were not justified to get both of these. but what can i do

Mdm tong, consoled me, and gave me a Best Unit Cadet. and this was missed for the '85 batch because is a traditional for us to give one pair to each batch and NA ppl like me shouldn't be eligible.

I'm very sorry to the 1985 batch cadet.

what about SR and QH?

QH went MIA after our first 6 months of CI life. SR, a good slacker, in the unit where most of the cadets dun like him.

and the list can get on going if i were to write....


the bottom line is that they all took the credit for doing nothing practically and i worked and participated actively for it, to earn nothing in the end.

SI rank and the all-time powerful SPF-NPCC badge.

i missed the 2 things to both losers, whom never even outshine me.

FORGET IT!

anyway, nothing against them. i just felt that maybe luck wasn't behind me or SOMEONE TAMPERED MY CHANCE..