Thursday, July 27, 2006

Dental Visit

went for a dental check up today. since i'm a NSF, so it's subsidized. anyway, just wanna take advantage of it.

i was so so so very surprised that the dentist was very young as i entered the room. she is, as most, i guess, 2 or 3 yrs older than me, and in addition to that, she's very pretty! haha.. that makes my dental visit more meaningful.. :p

ok, just till that level, no more negative thoughts. My teeth is basically ok other than stain, dirt here and there. and no coffee / tea.

I think basically, it's quite cheap. $50 for checking, cleaning and scaling.

the bad news is that i have 2 wisdom teeth. It's bad lah.. meaning to say i might need to go for tooth extraction. and further bad news is, they kinda just grew! so by the time i finish serving my NS, i can't even extract them; meaning to say i have to pay MORE when the time comes for extraction! :((((((

on the other hand, just tell myself i have wisdom (i know this is lame)

ok, a love story to go along with taken frm friendster bulletin

10th Grade
As I sat there in English class, I stared at the girlnextto me.She was my so-called "best friend". I staredather long, silky hair. I wished she were mine, butshedidn't notice me like that.And I knew it. Afterclass she walked up to me and asked me for thenotesshe had missed the day before, and I handed themtoher.She said "thanks" and gave me a kiss on thecheek. I wanted to tell her. I wanted her to knowthat Idon't want to be just friends. I love her, but I'mjusttooshy. And I don't know why.

11th Grade
The phone rang. It was her on the other end. Shewasin tears, mumbling on and on about how her lovehadbroke her heart. She asked me to come overbecauseshe didn't want to be alone, so I did. As I sat nexttoher on the sofa, I stared at her soft eyes, wishingshewas mine. After 2 hours, a Drew Barrymore movie,and three bags of chips, she decided to go tosleep.She looked at me, said "thanks," and gave me akisson the cheek. I want to tell her. I want her to knowthat I don't want to be just friends. I love her,but I'mjust too shy. And I don't know why.

12th Grade
The day before prom she walked to my locker. "Mydate is sick," she said. He's not going to go. Well, Ididn't have a date and in 7th grade we made apromise that if neither of us had dates we would gotogether just as "best friends," so we did. Promnightafter everything was over I was standing at her frontdoor step. I stared at her. She smiled at me andstared at me with her crystal eyes. I want her to bemine, but she doesn't think of me like that, and Iknowit. Then she said, "I had the best time,thanks!" andgave me a kiss on the cheek. I want to tell her. Iwanther to know that I don't want to be just friends.I loveher, but I'm just too shy. And I don't know why...

Graduation Day
A day passed. A week passed. A month passed.Before I could blink, it was graduation day. Iwatchedas her perfect body floated like an angel up onstageto get her diploma. I wanted her to be mine, but shedidn't notice me like that, and I knew it. Beforeeveryone went home, she came to me in hersmockand hat, and she cried as I hugged her. Then, shelifted her head from my shoulder and said, "You'remybest friend, thanks!" and gave me a kiss on thecheek. I want to tell her. I want her to know that Idon'twant to be just friends. I love her, but I'm just tooshy.And I don't know why…

A Few Years Later
Now, I sit in the pews of the church. She is gettinmarried,now. I watched her say, "I do" and drive offto her new life, married to another man. I wantedherto be mine but she didn't see me like that, and Iknewit. But before she drove away, she came to me andsaid, "You came!" She said, "thanks!" and kissedmeon the cheek.I want to tell her. I want her to knowthatI don't want to be just friends. I love her, butI'm justtoo shy. And I don't know why...

Funeral
yrs passed, and I looked down at the coffin of thegirlwho used to be my best friend." At the service theyread a diary entry she had wrote in her high schoolyears. This is what it read: I stare at him wishing hewere mine. But he doesn't notice me like that, and Iknow it. I want to tell him. I want him to know that Idon't want to be just friends. I love him, but I'mjusttooshy, and I don't know why. I wish he would tell meheloved me…i wish I did too…i thought to myself, andIcried.