Thursday, October 23, 2008

Impression

Got a gathering recently with the others plus the, main attention of the day, Janice, who got back from UK some weeks ago.

Prior to that day, in Facebook, I edited the personal info under the "Looking For" status, thinking it is silly showing the information. Upon that thoughts, I removed the options: "Dating" and "A Relationship". Facebook then publicize the updated status listing as "I'm not single". Not that i mind with the new, but fake status. But I don't like broadcasting my status around when it is not true.

Anyway, back to the main point i want to talk about. I was late on that day as I was recalled back to work, out of the sudden due to servers-related problem (again). Unexpected power failure was the cause, so I have no choice but to head it back as there was users using the system on that weekend. Anyway, after all those, i met up with the others.

The first thing came out from their mouth wasn't asking about my job but about my status in facebook. Fine, if they are interested who is that "partner" of mine, instead they laughed on am i really attached.

-.-

I'm disgusted by it. No offend to anyone. Upon that remarks, I asked myself that why do my friends have such impression on me.

After some delibration, I guess I joked too much. In addition, I was "lame" in the sentences that we said. So i thought, these are the factors that contribute to the impressions. Well, I don't think i can't blame them. My mother too, thinking that I was unable to fend for myself when i was "kidnapped", saying why was i stupid to be a gurantor for a friend who loan $80,000.

I am serious about my life, my future, my retirement, my plans, my vision. I do plan for it too. I do think. I do have temper. (I do scheme. I am cunning; but i don't do that to my friends, what for since they are not my enemy) But being a nice guy doesn't mean my friends should have the impression of me. Especially those who know me for years.

Enough said for this. I guess i'm not joking too much and gotta be a serious person from now on.

This is so disappointing.